North Idaho Youth Lacrosse
Parent Code of Conduct
The essential elements of character building and ethics in sports are embodied in the concepts of sportsmanship and six core principles:
1) Trustworthiness 4) Fairness
2) Respect 5) Caring
3) Responsibility 6) Good citizenship
The highest potential of sports is achieved when competition reflects these “six pillars of character.”
I therefore agree:
- I will remember children participate to have fun.
- I will learn and abide by the rules of lacrosse and the policies of NIYL.
- I will support my child’s coach by having my child on time to practices and games.
- I and my guests will be positive role models for my child and encourage sportsmanship by showing respect and courtesy, and by demonstrating positive support for all players, coaches, officials and spectators at every practice, game and other events.
- I and my guests will not engage in any kind of unsportsmanlike conduct with any official, coach, athlete, or parent, including but not limited to, booing, taunting, refusing to shake hands, or using profane language or gestures.
- I will not encourage any behaviors or practices that might endanger the health and well-being of the athletes, coaches, officials and/or spectators.
- I will teach my child to obey the rules and to resolve conflicts without resorting to hostility or violence.
- I will expect my child to treat other athletes, coaches, officials and spectators with respect regardless of race, creed, color, gender or ability.
- I will praise my child for competing fairly and trying hard regardless or win or lose.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or other participants for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- I will respect the officials, coaches, and board members. I will respect their authority during games and will never question, discuss or confront coaches or officials at lacrosse events, and will take time to speak with coaches at an agreed upon time and place.
- I will expect a sports environment for my child that is free from drugs and alcohol and I will refrain from their use at all events.
- I also agree that if I fail to abide by the aforementioned rules and guidelines, I will be subject to disciplinary action that might include, but is not limited to, the following:
1. Verbal warning from an official, head coach, or NIYL Board Member.
2. Written warning from NIYL Board.
3. Suspension or immediate ejection from a game by an official.
4. Game forfeit through the official or coach.
5. Parental season suspension.
I also understand the all documentation of all incidents shall be kept on file by NIYL.